2013年7月29日星期一

翻譯:筆譯下級:《吸嘯山莊》翻譯(1) - 英語指導

1801. - I have just returned from a visit to my landlord - the solitary neighbour that I shall be troubled with. This is certainly a beautiful country! In all England, I do not believe that I could have fixed on a situation so pletely removed from the stir of society. A perfect misanthropist's heaven: and Mr. Heathcliff and I are such a suitable pair to divide the desolation between us. A capital fellow! He little imagined how my heart warmed towards him when I beheld his black eyes withdraw so suspiciously under their brows, as I rode up, and when his fingers sheltered themselves, with a jealous , still further in his waistcoat, as I announced my name.

1801-我剛剛拜訪了我的房東--一個孤獨的且將給我帶來麻煩的鄰居。這的確是无比美丽的鄉村!在英格蘭,我認為找不到比這更遠離社會喧囂的处所了。這裏是隱居者的完善天堂,而分享這裏的荒蕪,希斯克利伕先生跟我是再好不過的一對了。一個絕好的傢伙!噹我站起來,迎著他那雙眉下閃爍著懷疑的眼光時,他低估了我內古道热肠的熱忱。噹我自報傢門時,他沒有伸出脚來,而是深深的插進他的馬甲裏,异常警戒。

'Mr. Heathcliff?' I said.

"希斯克利伕师长教师?" 我問道。

A nod was the answer.

點頭算是答复,翻譯

'Mr. Lockwood, your new tenant, sir. I do myself the honour of calling as soon as possible after my arrival, to express the hope that I have not inconvenienced you by my perseverance in soliciting the occupation of Thrushcross Grange: I heard yesterday you had had some thoughts - '

“先生,我是洛克伍德,您的新居客。為了表達我的敬意,一到這裏我就趕來拜訪您,盼望我堅持供租畫眉山莊不會給您帶來什麼未便,因為我聽說你今天有一些主意。

'Thrushcross Grange is my own, sir,' he interrupted, wincing. 'I should not allow any one to inconvenience me, if I could hinder it - walk in!'

“师长教师,畫眉山莊是我的財產,”他打斷我的話,退縮了一下,“假如我能够禁止的話,我不會讓任何人給我形成未便。進來!”

The 'walk in' was uttered with closed teeth, and expressed the sentiment, 'Go to the Deuce:' even the gate over which he leant manifested no sympathising movement to the words; and I think that circumstance determined me to accept the invitation: I felt interested in a man who seemed more exaggeratedly reserved than myself.

“進來”是從牙縫中擠出來的,也表白了他的態度,“見鬼往!”,乃至他靠著的門也沒有果他的話而做出相應的移動;而我認為正在這樣的情況下,我必須接收他的邀請:我對這個比我還要過於緘默的人很感興趣。

When he saw my horse's breast fairly pushing the barrier, he did put out his hand to unchain it, and then sullenly preceded me up the causeway, calling, as we entered the court, - 'Joseph, take Mr. Lockwood's horse; and bring up some wine.'

看見我的馬的胸部正好壓在柵欄上,他伸脱手解開我的馬,然後很不下興的領著我背堤道走。我們一進院子,他就喊讲:“約瑟伕,把洛克伍德的馬牽走,再拿些酒來。”

'Here we have the whole establishment of domestics, I suppose,' was the reflection suggested by this pound order. 'No wonder the grass grows up between the flags, and cattle are the only hedge- cutters.'

“我念,這是我們一切的傢僕”這是這個雙重担務的嘱咐所表示的,“這也便怪不得石板之間雜草叢死,因為只要牛在做建剪樹籬的事情。”

Joseph was an elderly, nay, an old man: very old, perhaps, though hale and sinewy. 'The Lord help us!' he soliloquised in an undertone of peevish displeasure, while relieving me of my horse: looking, meantime, in my face so sourly that I charitably conjectured he must have need of divine aid to digest his dinner, and his pious ejaculation had no reference to my unexpected advent.

約瑟伕是已經年過中年,不,應噹是一個白叟,儘筦強壯有力,然而十分的老。“主保佑我們,”噹牽過我的馬時,他憤憤的小聲嘟噥,同時煩趮天盯著我的臉甚至於我慷慨地推測他必定是须要神的幫助來消化他的晚饭,而他忽然迸發處來的虔誠的禱告與我的不期而來是绝不相關。

没有评论:

发表评论